Saturday, January 9, 2010

Don't mess with my little girl

We live in the country. We shoot things. Things like- old refrigerators in the woods. You know, next to the abandoned trailer. I feel the need to point out that the trailer and refrigerator are not on our property, just very near it.

So anyway, this was the first time Charlotte ever shot a 22 rifle, in fact, it was the first day we ever had one. (my husband wants it known that he does have experience with this type of gun-he grew up shooting old appliances) Watch these short videos and you'll see why I am impressed with her skill. (oh...yeah...that IS snow, just not what was promised by our weathermen...I was bitterly disappointed...I don't want to talk about it)

4 comments:

countrypeapie said...

This cracks me up. I have had a hard time coming to grips with some things that are simply part of life in the country, including firearms. I grew up in a house where even toy water guns were not allowed. It's really hard for me to find the right balance between safety/worry and the fun that is target shooting. But I'm working on it!

Shannon said...

I know exactly what you mean! I grew up in Homewood, a posh little suburb of B'ham, where guns were not a part of our world AT ALL. When my children were young I didn't allow toy guns either. Now as an adult living in the country I can see the sense in having firearms on the homestead. There are, after all, predators around and it is our responsibility to protect our livestock. If I had had a gun the night a raccoon killed my cat... Any way, think about it- bowling, golf, even basketball are all just target shooting at the core.:) BTW trigger locks are inexpensive and NECESSARY, in my opinion.

Caddie said...

The videos are 'currently not available". 'Wot ahppened'?

Shannon said...

Hi Sis! I don't know what the problem is. Blogger seems to have a mind of its own! I'll see if I can get it fixed. Thanks for stopping by!